Mission & Vision
St. Mary of the Assumption Parish School community, with Christ at the center of learning, is committed to the growth and the development of its students by encouraging them to achieve academically, develop spiritually, and serve selflessly.
Fr. Steven Nyle
At Saint Mary of the Assumption School, we are committed to teaching children in a Christian environment. We are dedicated to providing a climate in which students are guided through their own efforts to the realization of their God-given spiritual, intellectual, and personal capabilities. Our aim is to help the students develop the ability to be self-directed and to make sound judgments; children whose lives will be lived in conformity with the teaching of Christ and the ideals of family life. We strive to foster children who are prepared to meet the physical, economic, social and cultural demands of our society. We recognize that parents are the natural educators of their children. We work in partnership with them to promote consistency between the values taught in school and those developed in the home. We are aware of the uniqueness of each child, therefore we attempt to provide a teaching climate in which each child can experience success.
School-Wide Learning Expectations
A spiritually responsive person who...
- Demonstrates respect and compassion for God, self, and others
- Practices Christian values and responsibility in his/her daily lives
- Celebrates liturgy and practices Catholic traditions regularly
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of faith and basic Catholic teachings
An academically responsive person who…
- Strives to acquire organizational and study skills to maximize learning
- Uses multiple resources and organizes thoughts to express
- Thinks critically by analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating.
- Uses technology responsibly for learning, communicating, and enrichment.
A productive member of society who...
- Values, respects, and utilizes the talents and diversity in others
- Is knowledgeable of and reflective on current events and global affairs
- Participates in community services and social justice
- Is aware of and appreciates the Arts and Humanities
A lifelong learner who...
- Demonstrates civic responsibility.
contributes in a positive way to society.
- Is concerned with good health and physical well-being.
- Is a self-motivated goal setter and problem solver.
is a critical thinker.
- Continues to grow in his/her appreciation of the fine arts.